Recognizing that corruption is a most significant roadblock in the improved governance, development and progress of our country, the Anti-Corruption Academy ACA of India aims to become the beacon that will guide the country and its citizens towards a culture and practice of integrity and accountability.
The need for such a pioneering institution is not only in India, but also Asia and all continents. The ACA will produce, manage and disseminate anti-corruption knowledge, good practices and all tools necessary for the construction and effective implementation of measures and policies in a systematic and inclusive way. The ACA will engage with all stakeholders: civil society, public servants, private sector, political parties, academia and media to tackle corruption at all levels and in all government and economic sectors.
The types, roots and effects of corruption vary greatly from place to place. So, do also the policy implications. Thus, the ACA mission is to
- Understand the nature and forms of corrupt practices in India, as well as their effects from petty and low-level misconduct to grave offences at the top.
- Explain the contributing causes of these problems by placing them in the proper, socio-economic, historical, political, cultural and geographic context.
- Facilitate consensual knowledge and anti corruption action by involving all social strata and stakeholders through high quality research, fact finding, conferences and publications aimed at clarifying the issues converting findings into policy recommendations.
- Promote a culture of integrity by sharing original data online and in print, organizing conferences, producing public debates and TV shows, as well as offering a range of courses and training for students, public and private officials, professionals, teachers, reporters and NGOs.
- Bring about change through capacity building, strategic planning, progress and good practices reports, contributions to sustainable legal, institutional and policy reforms, and by fostering accountability.
Our vision is to become the leading anti-corruption institution in India and the region, to collaborate with sister bodies in Asia and around the world, in order to bring about social change towards communities and societies enjoying integrity, good governance and accountability. We aim to become a globally renowned centre of excellence empowering leaders and professionals across industries and sectors through quality studies, education, training, international cooperation and practical tools addressing and fighting the problem of corruption and injustice.
Integrity, credibility and accountability. Justice, impartiality and transparency. Meritocracy, human rights and ethics. These are values that we adhere to, institutionally and personally and commit ourselves to.